MAACCE is committed to bringing Maryland up to date information and resources regarding the imminent GED test change, due to arrive January 2014.
Direct information is best available from the state GED testing office. Additional resources can be found below.
Announcing two new webinars about the new GED tests!
GED 2014: Math Content & Curriculum
Monday, December 16, 2013, 1:00 – 2:30 pm
Learn more about the content of the math portion of the 2014 GED. Get an overview of the changes and take part in a discussion on how to prepare yourself and your students. This webinar will be led by adult education math specialist and trainer Jay Willetts.
Understanding Webb’s Depth of Knowledge (DOK)
Monday, December 16, 2013, 1:00 – 2:30 pm
This webinar will help you understand the Webb’s Depth of Knowledge model (DOK) as you prepare for the 2014 GED. Learn about the concepts, tasks at each DOK level, and how to apply this to your instruction. This webinar will be led by Montgomery College instructional support trainer Melissa Zervos.
These webinars are aimed at getting the adult education field in Maryland more information about this change over, hosted by Job Opportunities Task Force and the Annie E. Casey Foundation, and in partnership with MAACCE and the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.
GED 2014: Get the Facts and Get Ready!
Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 10:00 – 11:30am
We hope you were able to join us to get answers to frequently asked questions about the GED transition, participate in a discussion of completion efforts for the 2002 test, and hear from a pilot computer-based testing site about challenges and student needs. The webinar featured an overview from three speakers, followed by an open question & answer period.
Unfortunately the link to the recorded webinar is no longer available.
Click here for the FAQ developed by DLLR.
- GED Test Content Areas: http://www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/test-sections
- Sample Questions: http://www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/sample-questions
- Existing GEDTS Webinars:
Available online at http://www.gedtestingservice.com/exploring-the-2014-ged-test-webinar-archive
- 2014 GED® Test 101: The “2014 GED Test 101″ webinar provides you with an overview of the key features of the new GED® test that launches in January 2014. The session will include a summary of the major similarities and differences between the current 2002 Series GED® Test and the new 2014 GED® test. It also includes a review of the item types, information about test length, passing standard, test location, when a practice test will be launched, and much more.
- The Wonderful World of GED® Testing Technology: Learn about the different technology skills necessary for the 2014 GED® test. This webinar will provide you with information on the different question types for the new assessment, as well as the technology skills that test-takers will need to succeed.
- Webb’s Depth of Knowledge: Watch this webinar and get an in-depth look at Webb’s Depth of Knowledge (often referred to as DOK). The presentation highlights Item Sampler questions that illustrate each of the different Depth of Knowledge levels, while learning beginning strategies for implementing DOK into your program or classroom.
- Exploring Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA) Module of the 2014 GED® Test: Learn more about the content and structure of the Reasoning Through Language Arts module of the 2014 GED® test. Find out what’s new and what’s staying the same. Get more details on how reading and writing have been integrated, how the extended response item replaces the current essay, and more.
- Exploring Social Studies Module of the 2014 GED® Test: Find out more about the content and structure of the Social Studies module of the 2014 GED® test. Learn more about what’s new and what’s staying the same, plus details on content areas, social studies practices, the new extended response items, and more.
- Exploring Science Module of the 2014 GED® Test: Develop a greater understanding about the content and structure of the Science module of the 2014 GED® test. This webinar features what’s new and what’s staying the same. Learn more about the science content areas, practices, and the two short answer items that will appear on each science test.
- Exploring the Mathematical Reasoning Module of the 2014 GED® Test: Develop a greater understanding about the content and structure of the Mathematical Reasoning module of the 2014 GED® test. This webinar features what’s new and what’s staying the same. Learn more about the mathematics content areas, practices, and the two short answer items that will appear on each science test.
See also: Math webinar developed in Minnesota: http://www.atlasabe.org/resources/by-topic/ged