Annual Conference: May 9-10, 2019
The Conference Center at the Maritime Institute
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
Call For Conference Proposals:
MAACCE is seeking practitioners and scholar-practitioners to share their expertise at our annual conference this spring. We invite your participation!
We are seeking presentation proposals for the following tracks:
- Instructional Techniques – classroom strategies, building rapport, learning differences, incorporating technology, etc.
- Intake/Assessment – enrollment, student placement, transition, etc.
- Staff Development – data management/analysis, grant writing, program development, recruitment management, advocacy, fundraising, etc.
- Innovations – pilot programs, partnerships, distance learning, etc.
- Workforce Development 101 – best practices, IET, partnering, trends, challenges, WIOA, etc.
- Adult Literacy 101 – students, barriers, pathways, DLLR/grant requirements, etc.
- Specialized Programs – correctional education, ESL, family literacy, NEDP, immigrants/refugee programming, etc.
“The Fine Print:”
- Presenters must register for the conference and pay the registration fee (early bird rate will be granted to all presenters. Lunch is not guaranteed for on-site registrants, including presenters.
- Workshop length is 60 minutes. Workshops will begin and end on time.
- Conference will provide LCD projectors, screens, and tables for all rooms. Please bring your own computer and any special adapters/plugins (Mac computers), etc.
- Presenters are responsible for furnishing handouts and adhering to all copyright laws.
- Proposals will be evaluated on overall clarity of written proposal and potential for contribution to the conference and field.
- Unless otherwise requested, presenters’ email addresses will be included in the printed conference program. By submitting a proposal you agree that your photographic image may be used by MAACCE.
- The MAACCE conference planning committee reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal.